Thursday, August 15, 2013

Week 1 COMPLETE! (07/31/13)

Hello Mein Familie!
 
WOW! life has been so crazy these past few days. I can add to the ol' MTC saying of days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It is serh weird. So I will start from the beginning. sorry before hand for the random jumpings in topics and the horrible spelling, grammer, and punctuation. (it's because of the short time... no better its because i already think in german)
 
When I went through security to board the plane I was "that one". I had to have my stuff go through the scanner 3 times!! They of course didn't find anything wrong. but it did cause my nerves to jump up a few notches. Boarding the plane went very smoothly so did the flight. It was much too short considering I had only had like 2 hours of sleep the night before. I found wendy quickly and right away she warned me of my luggage size and how hard that would be to tote around in Europe. So I became very aware of that fact... We went to the temple no problem. We met up with Jason in the chapel and had plenty of time to wait before our session started. It was wonderful being able to see family and talk with them. It helped calm my nerves. I know the temple had a big part to play in my calmness as well. I really enjoyed the live session. I loved how interactive it was.
 
We went to home and later to the much needed bed.  I continued to talk to uncle meic and aunt wendy about all things german. I tried sparkling water.... it was interesting. i hope i can get use to it because that is aparently all they drink there. we went to breakfast then over to uncle James. after the lovely visit with uncle James, we toured aunt Roxs grand house as I am sure you have all now had the pleasure of staying in. Then we headed off to Provo.
 
When i first arrived another sister helped me with my bags and I got my beautiful name tag and other info. we dropped off my stuff at apperarently the nicest living quarters for sisters that there is. SCORE. then went to orentation after orentation. It was still very hard for me to stay awake. really for like the next 4 days it was hard for me to not doze off in the meetings or personal study time in the morning. or even during class. (Sorry Burder Luna) The schedule here is very intense but we still have a lot of free time at the same time. it is weird. this whole place is full of oxymorons. I will send a seperate email with all the photos and captions. i have to go to a different building to do that.
 
My companion Sister Lyons ist sehr wundebar. I am the "hard" companion. Its weird being with someone all the time. I wont lie it is hard. I have little victories in the day like when we search  for a bathroom and we only find one that has one stall so i can go with out another set of ears. that equals victory. The food here is hit and miss. I am impressed that they can have decent food for so many missionaries. but at the same time some meals are just straight up gross. I got so over whelmed with all the choices the first couple days that i forgot about all my comfort foods. like milk. yeah life got a ton better after i started having a glass of milk every meal.
 
So the first day we went to class we met our Lehren Bruder Luna. The man is AMAZING!! for many reasons which will make sense later. He spoke straight German to us for the whole class. then again the next day and the next. It is interesting because while i know I shouldnt have that much knowledge about the german language I can for the most part understand him if i am focused. But there was this one time where we were doing a q&a exercise standing in a circle. He randomly asked me the question and I just stared blankly not at him or anything but just brain fried. till doh i realized he was waiting for a response. "bitte" he laughed the whole class laughed and he said hi hello welcome back to class in german of course. garsh that wasnt embarressing at all. the first days were so so overwhelming. they are filled with I cant do this, I dont know what to do or where to go. but once you experience sunday life is good again.
 

-Sister Wadsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment