Monday, January 13, 2014

Hallo Hanau! (sent 1/12/14)

Well hello there folks!

This week was so so crazy! We had 11 appointments in our two and a half days in k-town and it feels like that was a century ago. Actually first, please please excuse my horrible grammar and spelling. I am on a german computer with a different keyboard and learning german has fully messed with my mind. anywho, we then had transfers on thursday and then i have been working in my new area since then. 

I have really felt your prayers this week. The transition has been pretty smooth, and I have really felt an out pouring of comfort and peace as I have walked into so much change. It is so nice to know that I have such a strong support from back home. So thank you, so so so much!

My email might be totally spazy. but bear with me. So my last few days in Kaiserslautern were awesome. We got so much done and I was able to see so many of my members and people that we have been working with. I have truely loved working there. One day we were riding a train home and as i starred out the window and got into my deep thinking as I always do I really felt like i had completed my work in K-town. I was leaving with no regrets and that all was going to be well. I am so greatful for my testimony and for Heavenly Father for giving me this great comfort. I know that He has helped keep me straight and working hard and that has made all the difference in my work. 

So transfer day was crazy. I cough cough had way huge bags and some how gained like 200lbs in stuff. So wonderful sister prince and great elders helped me. so it wasnt too bad but i did have wicked sore arms and shoulders for two days after. We all got on the train to go to frankfurt Hbf. and then all unloaded to the side with the hundred other missionaries transfering. I was able to see sis. Lyons which was way fun! and we reinacted our first time at the train station and got currywurst. And I was able to see Elder Jensen and chat with him quite a bit, that was awesome too. Eventually time dwindled down and all the missionaries went their way. It was really hard parting from sis. Prince. We have become such great friends and i really love her. I could not have asked for a better trainer or companion. 

So into the Hanau part. WE HAVE A CAR!! it is the only sister area that has one and it is soo sick! I love it! although it does seem as though we spend a lot of time in it. But the area of hanau is kind of funny shapped and the actual city of hanau is and the very bottom corner of the area. and the other larger city is in the middle of the area and is an hour away. and then the rest of our area is like another 1.5 hours past that, so we have a huge area and really need the car. 

Sister Beck is my  new companion and she is awesome! she is so full of energy and is way cool and supportive to my ideas. She has really been supportive to me while i learn this language and has been ver patient. I feel like this will be a great companionship!

We get here on thursday afternoon. I unpack, our appartment is pretty nice, probablly half the size of k-towns though. And then on a flook happening we get the elders appointment for the night and go over to the schmidts home for dessert and to share a message. This is my first official appointment in a german area, and it was so great. I was surprised by how much I knew and could understand. It was great and really a moral boost. I thought it was really funny how it took me so long to realize the members are the same no matter what area you are in. They played with their kids the same way, related past mission stories the same, talked about the same things. I think that helped me understand them more actually because i would just bridge to gap of my understanding by thinking of an american appointment i have had in the past and sure enough they were talking about the same thing. if any of that last paragraph made sence than bravo to you. 

So jumping ahead a little bit. on saturday we had interviews with president. I love that man. I have had quite the pridvledge to be interviewed so many times by him considereing some missionaries wait 6 months between interviews and my average is like 6weeks. It was cool to me to see the growth that I have reached between our interviews. I really feel like i am progressing and it is such an awesome feeling. 

Sunday we had two investigators at church which was way way awesome. they have a lot of investigators here and a ton of referrals and potentials. I really feel like a big change is happening in hanau and I cant' believe that i get the chance to be apart of it. The ward is pretty big it has about 120members probablly one of the bigger gemeindes in deutschland. The bishop asked me to give my testimony in the meeting. I was so scared. I prayed over and over again for the gift of tounges and remembrance. When I went up there I gave my testimony simply and as clearly as I could. I could tell that I was getting way nervous and started to hear my voice shake. but way in the back I saw Br. Schmidt giving me a thumbs up. It was such a sweet and tender moment for me to feel Gods love through this man. I was so touched by the spirit that I could feel the tears comming. I think that people though that reaction was because of my german but it was only because I could feel the spirit tell me that I was exactly where i was to suppose to be. and that I really was on track that i had nothing to fear. 

I love this gospel because it is so simple and true. There is nothing hidden or complex. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us and is watching over us. Who gives us angels and who gives us comfort. He is guiding our path, and is in the details of our every day. I Love that. I am so greatful for the peace that this gospel brings and for the gift of my testimony. What a privledge it is to be a member of such an amazing restored church of Christ!

I love you all and pray for you nightly! 

Mit Liebe, Sister Wadsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment